• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to stop vouchers

motorbelly

I have two OSC sites and they have the voucher contribution added and I can't seem to shut it off.

I have deleted the default 10% coupon but when someone signs up it send them a $10 coupon!

It's driving my client nuts... and me too.

I suppose I need to uninstall the contrib but if its something simple I'm overlooking (not unlikely!) I'd rather just make it work right.

You need to edit catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php look for this at the bottom and comment out

define('EMAIL_GV_INCENTIVE_HEADER', 'As part of our welcome to new customers, we have sent you an e-Gift Voucher worth %s');

define('EMAIL_GV_REDEEM', 'The redeem code for is %s, you can enter the redeem code when checking out, after making a purchase');

define('EMAIL_GV_LINK', 'or by following this link ');

define('EMAIL_COUPON_INCENTIVE_HEADER', 'Congratulation, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience' . "\n" .

' below are details of a Discount Coupon created just for you' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_COUPON_REDEEM', 'To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is %s during checkout, ' . "\n" .

'after making a purchase');

?>

chfields...

Your suggestion won't accomplish what he wants. All you have suggested is removing the language defines. Not the functions.

motorbelly...

No... you don't need to unistall the contrib... and yes... it is something you are overlooking.

Take a look in catalog/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php and look for this code...

// Set the amount of a Gift Voucher that the new signup will receive, set to 0 for none
?define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '10');
//
// Set the coupon ID that will be sent by email to a new signup, if no id is set then no email :)
?define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '3');

I hope this helps.

-R

• 3 months later...

I have wanted to get rid of the vouchers also. I did what yall said above, but im still getting:

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to root@localhost.

Congratulation, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience

below are details of a Discount Coupon created just for you

In my email. And when i try to do the // like it said above, it gives me an error at the top of the sign up page.

Archived