• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleted "languages" table

hlong69

Hi, I did a backup of my db, through ther OS commerce admin screen, then I went into PHPmyAdmin and deleted the "languages" table.

After I did this, there were errors on my OS commerce site, so I tried to go back to the OS Commerce Admin site to do the restore, but the admin screen is not accesible with that "languages table".

Any suggestions?

You need to use PHPmyAdmin to restore the table. Look in the backup file created during the OSC backup for the specific commands/syntax to use. By default, it's located in admin/backups.

Now for the can of worms ;) ...why do you want to delete the languages table?

-Fred

There is only an SQL file in the backup GZIP file. I looked at it with Word and there does not seem to be any command line instrucitons.

I wanted to delete the languages tabel beacuse I am only supporting English, so I thought it was kind of redundant to have that section. I thought by deleting the table it would not show up.....ok, that wasn't so smart. But I backed up and thought I would just try it...if it worked great, if not, just do a restore right? Wrong!

:)

Open the SQL file and find the lines that are something like this:

create table languages (
 languages_id int(11) not null auto_increment,
 name varchar(32) not null ,
 code char(2) not null ,
 image varchar(64) ,
 directory varchar(32) ,
 sort_order int(3) ,
 PRIMARY KEY (languages_id),
 KEY IDX_LANGUAGES_NAME (name)
);

That creates the table. Then you need to restore the data, look for (should be right after CREATE statement):

insert into languages (languages_id, name, code, image, directory, sort_order) value....

You can manage which languages are used by going to the Admin UI >> Localization >> Languages.

Good luck!

-Fred

-Fred

Archived