• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make items downloadable

wvmlt

I've tried everything I can think of including reading the wiki and still can't get downloadable products to work. I can't even get the download link to appear. Im using a version of MS2. Any suggestions?

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

I've done everything in the wiki as refrenced by FIMBLE above. After purchasing the downloadable item there is no link to download showing up. Ive tried updating the order status but still no link to download.

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

I remember running in to the same problem some time ago. To solve this, you can use an addon - scripted by Linda McGrath. You should be able to grab this from her site:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/

COMMENTS FOLLOW FROM THE SCRIPT ADDON WHEN I GRABBED IT BACK IN SEPTEMBER:

=======================================================================

While this Add-on was made specifically to work with v2.2 MS1, it should work with any snapshot that has the new individual orders_status settings for the payment modules.

All configuration can be done in the Admin via the Configuration ... Download ... settings.

Add the new configuration settings with the downloads_controller.sql file. This will add the new settings for the Admin.

Add a new Order Status, I call mine Updated and check its value in the orders_status table. Then set the value in the Admin for:

Downloads Controller Update Status Value to this new value. Usually this is a 4, but could be different depending on how many orders_status settings you have.

The default setting for:

Downloads Controller Orders Status Value is 2. This means that all payment methods that set the orders_status value to >=2 will allow immediate downloads.

Anything less than 2 will result in the Download being unavailable and the display of the:

Downloads Controller Download on hold messageto be displayed.

Includes Free Shipping and Free Payment Modules

Thanks to:

EL Bavaro for the download button.

=======================================================================

Hope this helps,

Lode

www.kayotix.com

• 3 months later...

I fixed the above problem .. now i have this problem

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

Any takers on the situation?

Archived