• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Turn Off Account Signup!

lordy

Hi all does anyone know of a mod that will allow you to turn the account signup off only i dont want it on! its scaring customers away! lol

Please would be a great help if any of you knows the answer to this question

Many Thanks

Small time web guy wanting to make use of the internet!

Hi

Go into the Contributions section and search for PWA. I've just installed it and it works a dream. A word of warning:

If you have signed yourself up and used your real e-mail address, and then you try and run a test on this contribution using your real e-mail address again then it will spit you back out at the login page. This had me stumped for weeks before I did some looking around and found this out.

I had the same problem as you. Loads of hits and only one purchase. I was up late laste night and got PWA sorted. Today I have had one quarter of the hits I had yesterday and I've already had one purchase. Might be coincidence as the site has been live for less than 24 hours and I haven't got enough test data to make a good judgement.

Anyone reading this and wondering whether to install this:

Just do it! It's fantastic. I wasted about 4 hours last night watching the Who's Online bit. It was when I saw a nice big order just stop at the create account page that I decided that PWA was the way forward.

Hope this helps

Andy

Just out of curiosity, with the PWA mod, doesn't the customer still provide all of their information up front?

Deosn't the customer have to provide everything except the password and the newsletter subscribe button? Isn't this the only real difference to the customer

?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I think it's just a matter of semantics, but the customer doesn't feel like they are creating an "account" just giving the info needed to purchase the product and have it delivered. Maybe that makes them feel more comfortable.....The goal is to have them purchase.....

Thanks all, I can now think about moving forward with orders and all that, I think that it would be a good idea to allow people to purchase the products first then setup an accont. in most cases people want to order thier goods and go not have to setup the account first!!

But it really as to be said that the cart is a great peice of software and thats that!

Thanks

Small time web guy wanting to make use of the internet!

I think that the major dilima is that you have to have the customer's address in order to properly quote the customer their shipping cost.

So, no matter what, you *have* to collect the customers info before they can order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

There is a contibution that allows customers to purchase without signing up an account, also there is one that allows customers to choose auto logon.

There is a contibution that allows customers to purchase without signing up an account,

Yes, we've mentioned that in this thread already.

There is a contibution that allows customers to purchase without signing up an account,

Yes, we've mentioned that in this thread already.

My appologize's

I will try to read a little better next time

Thanks for pointing it.

Archived