• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Knowledge Database

LiveWire

I am wondering if there is a template for adding a Knowledge base to your site?? I looked in the contributions, but could not find anything. Does anyone have any idea if there is a template for adding a Knowledge Base, or is this something that needs to be created from scratch??

Any info would be useful....

Cheers

You would have to do this from scratch... OR you can take an existing contribution that has the features and modify it to do what you want.

For instance... the Information Pages Unlimited contribution has the "features" that I beleive you are seeking. With some modifications, you could make it do what you want.

Here's an example of something I did.

For one of my clients, I took the Information Pages Unlimited and one of the Latest News contributions and combined them to create a "press Release" page. This gives the customer the ability to add individual Press Releases info through Admin which can be activated and deactvivated on demand. A list of the active Press Release Headings and Dates are then displayed on a new page in the Catalog with the ability to click on it and read the whole release.

Make sense?

I hope this helps.

-R

This modification would make a good contribution. Thanks for the idea. Anyone else with any ideas??

It would be nice to see a Knowledge Base contribution put out in the next year or so. This is far beyond my knowledge of programming, but I appreciate all the input....

Please keep the ideas coming.

P.S. I too cannot find the contribution you speak of???

It worked great for the customer. They were very pleased. I'm glad you like the idea.

Matti... I never packaged it up as a contribution. It was a customized solution for the client.

-R

Thanks for the info... I appreciate your thoughts.... It's like Matti said, You should package it up. I think a contribution for this would be a great addition for OSCommerce......

Thanks again..

:D

Archived