• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Intermittent Errors Generated

brockstr

I get the following error message in my browser both while viewing catalog pages and Admin pages:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/reeb/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/calendar) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/reeb/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php): failed to create stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed opening '/home/reeb/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp') in Unknown on line 0

If I refresh the page in the browser, it will then display the correct page.

This just happened again as I was going through the shopping cart checkout. The browser was very slow and I encountered the above error several times. I purchased another item and went through the checkout procedure without a glitch. The above error can occur anywhere in the catalog though, not just the checkout.

I am not sure if this item is related but, certain .gif files do not show up in the Admin. For instance, while in a product description, the product icon nor the icon.gif (for English) show.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I must fix this before the site goes live.

Sounds like you're having server issues. Have you contacted your host's help desk to see if they are having any issues or if they know of any issues that might affect your files or directory structures?

open_basedir restriction is an apache setting that is set to ON by default. Your Host will need to turn it off for the whole server, or just your site.

-R

I contacted my host and Tech Support replied:

the problem you are experiencing is caused by a bug in PHP. I will upgrade to the latest version tonight, that should take care of the problem.

The problem seems to have disappeared.

Thank you both. I would not have thought that the server was the problem.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, contact your host asap.

Archived