• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PWA

Please, please, please...

Could someone tell me if they have PWA 0.60c working. I've been through and checked with a fine toothed comb and I'm 99% sure that I have done everything.

It doesn't work though. It just spits you back to the login page after you press "Proceed directly to checkout" and the URL shows ?login=fail at the end.

I can't believe that the contribution was posted with such a fundamental flaw that would have shown up on the first pass so it must be something I've done. Unless, of course, other people have tried and failed as well.

Any help would be gratefully received.

andy

Bingo!

What I didn't realise is that it actually creates an account for the person. So, I've got an account that I use for testing with my e-mail address in. I then go in without logging in and try to buy something without creating and account. I enter my e-mail address...

No error

Just chucks me back at the login screen

At least it works now!

Andy

I have PWA 0.60c working, but have 2 problems:

1.) How to remove LOG OFF from the top navigation bar during PWA checkout?

2.) How to prevent PWA for Gift Vouchers?

Thanks,

Eric_K

There's something at the bottom of the instructions for the logoff bit. The problem with this, IMHO, is that it's a "fudge" not a fix. An account is still created and there's no way of telling whether an account is a real account or a PWA account. The big difference is that real accounts will be able to come back and buy again; PWA accounts won't. I think this has been done to get round having to rewrite the "check if logged in" type functions as a PWA buyer will still end up logged in like any other.

This would be fixed if the account was deleted after they made their purchase. I'm sure I saw something about this but I can't find it now.

Andy

PS. Store online 24 hours and first order last night!

I am still fighting the pwa 2 for ms2.2... I did notice in the order_info_process file that the check email routine (which sets the error message) is commented out. I uncommented and now at least i know why i get the login. fail screen. Also the LOG OFF can be fixed by altering the header.php file. find the line that sets the log in/log off around line 64

Reads ..

?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href......

?php if ((tep_session_is_registered('

customer_id')) && (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))) { ?><a href......

This will check to see if the noaccount session is registerd and not change if so..

I have to say that when using this mod, if for some reason the user gets disconnected from the site, the account remains in the DB, making it extremely difficult to determine who is real and who is pwa ...

Mod still needs work, I really think the entire logic needs to be changed to operate properly allowing non-db writes for customers usin db, except for the actual orders themselves. But this is the only contribution that is even close...

Also the LOG OFF can be fixed by altering the header.php file. find the line that sets the log in/log off around line 64

Reads ..

?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href......

?php if ((tep_session_is_registered('

customer_id')) && (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))) { ?><a href......

robert,

When I alter the header.php file as above, the Log Off is never displayed, not even for registered accounts.

Did i miss something? :blink:

My Login Box also shows up when a Guest is logged in. Anyone know the way to hide both LoginBox and Log Off link for "guests".

Thank you,

EricK

Archived