• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Engine Friendly URLS Stopped!

Dear Members,

I noticed yesterday that my search engine friendly urls were no longer functioning! I checked the control panel, and found I still had it set to "true" for SEF urls. Is there some steps I can go through to diagnose this problem? EG: What files are responsible for SEF links, maybe one got deleted or such? Please help me, I appreciate your time,

Ryan

I believe it's in html_output.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I got SEF links back now, however, when I click one I get an error 404. I installed the SEF Links mod from the contributions section, and it works. This leads me to conclude that mod-rewrite exists on the server and functions. However, I do not wish to use the SEF contribution, I would like to use OsCommerce' native function. Do I have to change my .htaccess or something to make this worK?

Thanks,

Ryan

Archived