• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Links to Separate Colors

JaaMor

Please don't send me to stylesheets unless you can show me exactly where I should change something. I need to change the color of SOME of the linked text on my site. I only see this info:

A

changes ALL link colors throughout the whole site

I did this but I can't have ALL of the linked text the same color. Some linked text are on a blue background and I need white text, while some linked text are on a white background and need blue text. I really need some urgent help with this as you can't see any writing after you click on a category and the category pics come up. All you see is pics with no writing underneath because the writing is white on white background. If I change the color in A in stylesheets to blue, the linked writing on my blue backgrounds disappears. Thanks for your help in advance.---Janet

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

Hi Matt. Thanks for the info. I have no idea how to do this. Is it possible for you to give me a quick example? Thanks.---Janet

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

a.classname:link, a.classname:visited, a.classname:hover, a.classname:active { styles }

<a href="blah" class="classname">blah</a>

Thats your basic class system for stylesheets.

a is the element name (anchor, or link, in this case) .classname is the signifier of the class (classes have period prefixes, ids have hash prefixes, elements have none) and :link is the pseudo-element (the different link states)

Archived