• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I omit user registration?

Hi there,

I'm running EasyLinuxCDs.Com and I'm working to move my website to osCommerce. Does anyone know how I can omit user registration? I don't want every customer to be prompted for a login and password. I don't think people have time to waste behind registration.

I'm really anxious to move to osCommerce. Please let me know how to omit the registration process.

Thanks!

Saad

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that contribution is really bad...

I have done everything that the contribution required,

and I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/users/hiballe/public_html/catalog/login.php on line 118

I agree that contribution is really bad...

I have done everything that the contribution required,

and I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/users/hiballe/public_html/catalog/login.php on line 118

This is because you are not using the version of OSC that the contribution was written for. You are missing the define for "$messageStack" which most likely comes from trying to install on older versions of OSC and not MS2. The other possibility that causes this error is if you have "require state" set to false in your admin.

In the coming weeks I hope to release a new version that re-writes the checkout process so the problems with the old version, which is just a hack will be removed. In this version the checkout process will be greatly simplified and you can set it up so there is no account creation at all. The problem with an account being created until the user hits "checkout success" has been taken care of as well.

If anyone wants to see where it is at so far you can go to here: Link It is a MS1 site and I now have to migrate the code over to MS2(+), clean some things up, and then contribute it. Whatever you do, DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY through the checkout process as this is not my site and you are likely to get billed and shipped if you enter in a completed order. You can go all the way up to the "checkout confirmation" page and then bail before you get to "checkout success" where the order is actually submitted. You can then go through the checkout process again and see that no temporary account was created that still remained after you bailed out, which is one of the major problems with the current PWA and Guest Checkout contributions. HTH

Archived