• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes in Product Listing

bricos

I would like to move the product attributes that are shown in the product description to the product listing page. I have a mod already installed to use radio buttons in the attributes, but would like to allow customers to order directly from the product listings page without having to go to the product description of each item. I'm using OSCommerce 2.2 MS2. I have reviewed the topics, but have not come across anything specific to this subject in any of the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

You would have to rewrite the product listing code to use a form instead of a link. Currently, the buy_now button just goes to a link which application_top.php interprets as a purchase. To work with attributes, you need to trigger the add_product code instead of the buy_now code and you will need to post the radio button results. Critical code in product_info.php at which to look: tep_draw_form call; option/attribute queries and handling code. You can simplify the code somewhat if you only use the radio button case.

Hth,

Matt

<<You would have to rewrite the product listing code to use a form instead of a link....you need to trigger the add_product code instead of the buy_now code and you will need to post the radio button results...Critical code in product_info.php at which to look: tep_draw_form call; option/attribute queries and handling code>>

I am also very interested in doing this (setting up the product listing to include attributes and provide the option to bypass the product info page). However, I'm not confident enough in my PHP coding skills to tackle this without some working examples.

Is there anyone who has done this already, or who might be so kind as to include some detailed instructions with code examples as to how to accomplish this?

I have come across a contribution for this, but it appears to be written for MS1 and not the current MS2 version:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1098

Please help!! :unsure:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived