• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configure.php and easy populate

I get this when checking my store:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/learnvst/public_html/ocCommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

What do I have to do to protect this file

I am using Cpanelxpress.

Also, how do I find Easy Populate, and will this let me edit a flat file to upload rather then clicking around the web to change details etc?

Thanks for all that

Pete :ph34r:

You just need to find the includes/configure.php file on your server, and change the permission to 644, and also check that admin/includes/configure is 644 too. There ought to be a feature in your control panel I would guess. Never succeeded at getting easy pop to work myself, but you can find it in the contributions tab way up at the top of the screen (its written really small, but there's a link there, then just search for easy populate). Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

As stated, you need to change the permissions on your 2 configure files (catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) to 644 or take away the rwite permissions by unchecking the boxes (depending on your control panel options).

As for Easy Populate, it does use a flat file to enter items into your catalog. But I gota say, first you should get control of your site and understand the permissions and files involved in setting up OSC before you start worrying about populating a catalog via an add-on. You need to know how the items look and are configured with the admin tools provided. Otherwise, how will you know if any issues you may get with a mod like EP are the mod, or your installation?

Make sure you take special note to learn the tax and zones areas as they seem to be the most widely mis-understood areas of OSC.

Just some freindly advise, good luck to you.

• 2 months later...

the file in your temp needs to be 777 if you are going to populate from there.

It will not walk through the upload file and read it very well. setting a directoy to 777 is not a good thing to do.

you will see upload file in the easypopulate screen. this allowy you to pull the upload file from your local machine.

Tom

Archived