• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a contribution that will do this ...

Hi,

I have a customer who needs separate shipping for retail and wholesale customers in one store.

He wants to offer free shipping to retail customers and a shipping schedule to wholesale customers.

Is there anything like this?

actually you don't need a contrib to do it. Within your code where it instantiates the class there is an enable parameter. If you check to see what type of customer you have you can enable or disable this per which module you are using. There is a catch though in that you need to leave it enabled for non customers so that when admin pulls it in it will enable itself.

depending on how you have your customer id setup and what other information you need to have that is what I would test on. I think if you added a customer level to the database to check for wholesale, member, non member it would work ok for all instantiations.

Others have actually put this check in the process but I found this to be kind of trashy in that it allows the actually instantiation of the class.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)