• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URL Issues

Hi,

When I installed and configured, it asked what I wanted the URL to be. I entered the information, yet it won't work when I place files in that folder. The Main URL will not be the store, I wanted www.myworld1.com/DragonflyDreams but it's listing in http://myworld1.com/osCommerce/catalog/default.php. :blink:

I'm extremely new at PHP and the like, so go easy on me..... ;)

~Ary

You need to load all of the files that are inside the catalog folder of oscom into the folder on the site that you want it to open from, so you need to have a folder called DragonflyDreams, and that's where you load all of the files from the catalog folder into. Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks...unfortunately, admin won't save to that location and if I remove oscom/catalog I get errors...it won't save to the folder I listed...

~Ary

If you get errors like can't find blah/oscommerce/catalog/blah, then that's all right. Just download both includes/configure.php files (catalog and admin), update the information to reflect the path change, and reupload to your site. If you have trouble with that, please post the configure.php files, minus the DB info (after moving the files).

Hth,

Matt

Archived