• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Catalog Image Resize

jdlloyd

Can someone tell me which PHP file resizes the Catalog images? I am uploading images for new products that I am adding and the images are distorted because of the resizing. I'd like to take the resizing out so I can control the size of my images as they are not all 100x80. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Another way is to install a contribution wich will create thumbnails for products images.

Thus your customers will be able to see little images as well as full size images.

Best regards,

Taras

Best regards,

Taras

Dave,

Like many others, I've tried several different "image sizing" contributions, only to encounter more headaches.

I've only found ONE that worked for me and it's a very simple modification (only two steps) of one file (catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php):

Automatic Thumbnail

Change your images via admin to suit your needs. Good luck :).

Jeff

What exactly does the Automatic Thumbnail contribution do? Right now we have thumb nails for product pictures and then click to make it larger. If I add this contribution will it make a difference in the sizing of our pictures? Right now we have different size pictures for products.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

Automatic Thumbnail eliminates the need to even HAVE thumbnail images. You won't need to create a new directory AND add thumbnails AND big images like some of the contributions that try to do the same thing.

All you need to do is set your image height and width in admin (120 pixel height and 80 pixel width is a common and easily viewed thumbnail size), and then (while adding a product via admin) add a NORMAL size (or "big") image.

The changes in the code in your catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php file automatically create the thumbnail FOR you.

How simple is that? :D

The easy way to fix the distorted images problem is to go into your admin tool section, click on configuration > images

There is a space for width and height of the images, if you leave height blank, all your images will have the same width and won't get distorted.

also have 'calculate image size' set to TRUE

Archived