• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Arrrgh whats this error on my default page, Help!!

Mark-UK

I went into the default page and deleted the text off the main page that tells you about oscommerce stuff. And I think ive deleted some text i should have have. I get this message on my default page only now above my banner.

Parse error: parse error in /home/brad12/public_html/includes/languages/english/default.php on line 13

Please help what have I done, im a muppett. See it here.

http://www.tackandtackle.co.uk/default.php

:)

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, <b>any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br>If you wish to download the solution powering this shop, or if you wish to contribute to the osCommerce project, please visit the <a href="http://oscommerce.com"><u>support site of osCommerce</u></a>. This shop is running on osCommerce version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.<br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis: [path to catalog]/includes/languages/[language]/default.php.<br><br>That can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->[language]->Define option, or by using the Tools->File Manager feature.');
define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');
define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || ($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) ) {
 define('HEADING_TITLE', ucwords(strtolower($categories['categories_name'])));
 define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');
 define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');
 define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');
 define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');
 define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');
 define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');
 define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');
 define('TEXT_ALL', 'All');
} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {
 define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to ' . STORE_NAME);
} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
 define('HEADING_TITLE', ucwords(strtolower($categories['categories_name'])));
}
 define('EXTRA_TEXT_CATEGORIES', 'Can\'t see what you want, then please <a href="' . FILENAME_CONTACT_US  . '"><u>contact</u></a> us.');

To change the text on your page, you simply change this bit:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, <b>any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br>If you wish to download the solution powering this shop, or if you wish to contribute to the osCommerce project, please visit the <a href="http://oscommerce.com"><u>support site of osCommerce</u></a>. This shop is running on osCommerce version <font color="#f0000"><b>' . PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.<br><br>The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis: [path to catalog]/includes/languages/[language]/default.php.<br><br>That can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->[language]->Define option, or by using the Tools->File Manager feature.');

TO

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'My new Text');

And leave all the rest exactly how it is.

cheers burt done that thanks, worked a treat.

When ive altered websites before ive always just opened the page in frontpage express or word pad if its just text content im changing. In order to change stuff on these pages am I best opening up the page in a wysiwig programme like frontpage express and doing changes that way.

To do this ill need to download the page to a folde on my desktop and then open that page up in a programme wont I. Is that the best way to change things on pages and if so which is the best free programme to do it.

Thanks guys

cheers, i actually searched and got it surprise surprise lol :)

Now just need to work out how to delete the language change buttons etc at the bottom of the page and how to change the tabs at the top as when i change them in the define languases section they are n not saved.

Archived