• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changes in index page text not saving

Mark-UK

When i go in to try and change the text on my front page I do it then save it but it doesnt save and do it.

Im going into admin then define language etc to do it there. I mean the text appears in the box doesnt it and I change it there and click save below but it but it never saves it.

Ive done a search bit nothings come up on the matter although im sure ive seen it before on here.

:)

When i go in to try and change the text on my front page I do it then save it but it doesnt save and do it.

Im going into admin then define language etc to do it there. I mean the text appears in the box doesnt it and I change it there and click save below but it but it never saves it.

Ive done a search bit nothings come up on the matter although im sure ive seen it before on here.

:)

go to

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

find this (should be near the top

define('TEXT_MAIN', ' then put your text here making sure it is within the commas surrounding this text '

hope that helps

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

But i want to change the title in the metatags that appears in the browser right at the top of each of my pages.

Plus i want to change the text in the tabs at the top of my page too and these are in the english php page so what now.

B)

Did you try pulling the file off of your site, and modifying it directly (catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php)? You can use Dreamscape, Go Live, etc. or you could give it a try with Microsoft Word or something like that, or if you were really hardcore, you could try Notepad, but the formatting is harder to understand with that! (I speak from experience here!) Jeremy

Archived