• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install hangs after MySQL page

bubblefluff

hi,

I have RedHat 9 with the default php install and a fresh mySQL install.

I have manually created the database 'osCommerce' , I have apache up and running, and the

mySQL sample catalog database loaded manually. When I go to the catalog directory,

it dumps me into the install menu, and when I try to click through, it hangs after the

page which collects my mySQL server info. I have entered 'localhost' as the server, a working user

and password, and the correct name of the database. I have not selected "persistant connections",

as I assume that a "shared server" means that you are running the database on the same machine as

the apache server. I have also selected the radio button for storing user session data in the database,

in keeping with the comment accompanying it.

when I click "continue", on the next page, the osCommerce banner prints out and nothing else, I viewed the source, and it is incomplete html.... trailing off in midfile.

Does anyone see what is going on here. I am not a php expert by any means, so anyone's insite into a possible configuration problem in php..... i have already changed the "allow global changes" to "yes" in the php.ini file, as the install suggested the first time I ran it.

I am assuming this is probably a problem connecting to the mySQL database, but am unsure really. I know the server is up and running, and have added the user with full priveledges...

Any help or ideas are much appreciated.

THanks,

brook

Archived