• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

More Email Problems

Stunts

Anybody?

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in C:\Inetpub\Web Sites\speedfeet\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

I'm running IIS 5.0 and Exchange. This error shows up when I try to use a credit card to buy something. Upon Order Confirmation the error shows up.

Thanks in advance.

John

Can you check the logs in Exchange to see what it thinks the email address is that's invalid?

As a first thought, I would make sure that line feed is set to CRLF in admin.

Hth,

Matt

Hey Matt,

Thanks for responding. This is the second time that you've helped me out.

My exchange server was not logging anything so I set that up. Everything was processing fine until it got to the point of sending the "Extra Order Emails".

These are the "TO:" addresses that it's trying to send out, copied directly from the Exchange logs (names have been changed to protect the innocent):

First address - <John+Doe+<[email protected]>>

Second address - <[email protected]>

Obviously, there are two problems with the first address. The first being that it's trying to deliver to an address that includes the "NAME" including the plus signs in front of the actual email, thus making the address format invalid. The second problem in the first address is the extra '>' at the end. I verified that this extra '>' did NOT exist in the actual admin area edit form. I'm probably just not getting the correct spacing and characters for osC to parse out the delivery address. What is the exact format/spacing/characters?

Name(space)1(space)<email@address1>,(space)Name(space)2(space)<email@address2>

I have further verified that this is the problem by turning OFF the sending of "Extra Emails". Works fine now but I would like to have that extra functionality.

Thanks again for any help that you can send my way.

John

Archived