• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i add size & colour options & larger image

Mark-UK

Right im getting oscommerce installed tommorow to a website I have. Now I need to know 2 things.

How do i add options of different sizes and colour. And do the options just have to be small, medium, large etc, or inch size or can you show a table showing what different sizes stuff are.

How do I add a "view larger image" option. Do I need to have 2 different sizes of the same image for this or will oscommerce do this automaticly. I mean I dont have to upload a small image for the thumbnail then larger image do I. I have played about with a demo site and uploaded just 1 image and its automaticly used this as the thumbnail and larger image.

:)

How do i add options of different sizes and colour. And do the options just have to be small, medium, large etc, or inch size or can you show a table showing what different sizes stuff are.

Admin > catalog > products attributes

How do I add a "view larger image" option. Do I need to  have 2 different sizes of the same image for this or will oscommerce do this automaticly. I mean I dont have to upload a small image for the thumbnail then larger image do I. I have played about with a demo site and uploaded just 1 image and its automaticly used this as the thumbnail and larger image.

The standard Oscommerce set-up just uses a reduced version of the image (so it can look squashed, grainy, awful) depending upon how it is used and what size you are redusing down to.

All the best image mods require you to upload a large image, and a small image via Admin. Unless you go with a host who has gd-lib on the server, and then install gd-lib contribution on your shop.

hth

cheers burt you the man. Also where do i change the colour of the side columns like on the site im getting off you, just wondered if i can change it and view it then think ok yes or ok no and change it again quickly. whats the button sey you have in mind inplace of the duck.

Mark

Archived