• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

install won't run anymore :O(

scrappit

ahhhh, l am tearing all my (now grey) hairs out here! l had osc up and running except for the admin page which was not working. l decided to delete the whole thing and re-install it in the hope that this would fix the admin problem, but now l can't even get the install to run - all l get is:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

Where do l go to edit this, (l don't think l have access to it?) but more importantly for me, how can something which worked before not work again if l am (hopefully) doing the same thing! l am so confused.... :(

ahhhh, l am tearing all my (now grey) hairs out here! l had osc up and running except for the admin page which was not working. l decided to delete the whole thing and re-install it in the hope that this would fix the admin problem, but now l can't even get the install to run - all l get is:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

Where do l go to edit this, (l don't think l have access to it?) but more importantly for me, how can something which worked before not work again if l am (hopefully) doing the same thing! l am so confused.... :(

Hi, I'll bet you that perhaps when you removed your site you also removed the PHP element? What box you runnin OS on? I had this problem when I first installed OS on a win y2k box with IIS. What i had to do was open my windows folder and in there was a php.ini file. In that file was the section you are after. If you search for globals you should find it. You should cotten on how to "enable" the relavent section

thanks for your reply! So does this mean l have to upload the php.ini file to my server? or just edit it on my computer?

l'm not sure what l'm running osc on *g*...(l really am a total newbie...LOL)

Right - is your website running from your PC? If it is, what operating system do you have? Windows XP? Windows 2000? Unix?

Archived