• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product attribute numbering

:huh:

I would appreciate it if someone would look at this and contribute some input on my situation. I just set up OSC a week ago, and I have started the process of configuring prices for already listed products. When I insert the 'product attribute', the entries become jumbled, as you may be able to see in the image depicted below. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern; it just slops 'em anywhere it feels like it (both in the admin section and in the actual catalog itself). Has anyone else experienced this problem? I like the osc sw fine and would like to continue to use it, though it sure is a hassle to insert 50 product attributes and not get anything in order. Oh well, hey, thanks in advance.

-brent

screenshot of my evident problem

It seems to be working halfway right now. Although the assigned product ID in the left column is out of order, if I add the prices backwards, they come out right in the end. I'll do several more and see what comes of it.

-brent

I had the same problem with 'ring sizes' being displayed as 6,8,7,5 instead of 5,6,7,8...

I re-ordered them in the main 'option values' list by renaming them so that 5 became 6, 6 became 8, 7 remained 7 and 8 became 5 and they were then displayed in the product listing as 5,6,7,8.

Try renaming values and with a little experimentation you should fix the order albeit with a slightly strange method.

Archived