• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving the Search Outside the Box

PropioWeb

Hi All,

I have some space at the top of my site which I think I could use better and I want to put the serch field there. What is the best way to do it? Here is a visual of what I want to do.

headerSearch.gif

Thanks in advance

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

Anybody?

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Nevermind I got help at [edited]

Man sometimes I don't get it. Why do people get ignored here? I thought this was supposed to be a support forum where people help each other out?

Anyways...

if you want to see the final product head over to:

http://www.jehova-nisi.com

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

I'm not going to claim to have read all 138 posts that you have made, but I looked over the last 20 and I see several issues:

1. You have more bumps than responses. In fact, scanning the last 20 posts, I don't see any responses to the questions of others. People helping *each* other out implies a reciprocal relationship. Where's yours? What have you done for the forums? Other than ignore the forum rules?

2. You don't try to help yourself. I strongly suspect that there is a contribution for this. Quite possibly previous posts on the subject. If not, the obvious answer to the question would be to try to move the search box code into the header and see what happens. If you had done that after your first post and instead of a bump posted errors and/or malformed output, more people would have been willing to help you.

3. Sometimes people just don't know. Maybe the roughly 10 people who were answering posts Saturday just didn't happen to include anyone who has done this previously.

By contrast, look at this thread. A similar problem, but the poster provided info initially and more as requested. Eventually we figured out the answer. I can't do that here, without taking the time to essentially solve your problem myself (i.e. I would have to try to put a search box in a header, even though I have no particular desire to do so). Frankly, I just don't find the problem that interesting.

Hth,

Matt

I new some dumbass would come and say exactly what you just said.

1. I help when I know the answer, which have mostly been with graphical things and templates. I'm not much of a programming person.

2. I search before asking for help. I'm not a newbie, I know the forum rules, but when I don't get help within 24 hours and then notice no response in three to four days I assume that the necessary people did not see the post so I bump it. There is nothing wrong with that.

3. I know that sometimes people just don't know. And sometimes people are not around, that is the reason for the BUMP!

The thing is nobody even tried to answer. Nobody asked for more info. Nobody cared! As is still the case!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand I posted the same question at the EDITED place, and got help almost instantly.

BTW. Why did it get edited, there nothing wrong with going elsewhere to get help, when you don't get it at the source. I went that rout and I'm happy.

I really don't care what you find intersting, though I find you very RUDE!

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

Archived