• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] UltraPics v1.0 - Addition Image Pac

I was a bit to quick on conclusions. How about if you do not select an image and it still adds Object to the db? And then if you click on the popup it displays no image but a missing image sign? I name an image Object but that does not solve the problem. It does not simply use the smaller image to popup, but wants the middle size image for all, if I added only one mid size image.

I'm glad you figured it out Dave. How about answers to my last post? Do you know more about the issue of faulty images entered in place of no image selected? Or do you know of a way to add a description to each pricture?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious! Are most of you simply ignoring the issues I am having, or are you not having them? I don't think the contrib is working in a live shop the way it is presently showing on my side.

I do show an empty (or rather image specified as "Object") if I do not select an image. So, are you always using all image options or do you always go back to the product and delete all images added to the db as being an "Object"?

I did solve the issue with the "Object". Nobody eles seems to care much about the issue. Maybe I was the only one affected.

Serious! Are most of you simply ignoring the issues I am having, or are you not having them? I don't think the contrib is working in a live shop the way it is presently showing on my side.

I do show an empty (or rather image specified as "Object") if I do not select an image. So, are you always using all image options or do you always go back to the product and delete all images added to the db as being an "Object"?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee

Long time no talk :)

Problem:

When a picture is uploaded to the directory of choice, usually the image uploaded appears at the bottom of the list in the dir.

Just lately though the listing has been just dropping the image in somewhere else in the list

There doesent seem to be any listing attribute that causes this to happen, ie. its not name nor is it by size or date modified.

It such a pain trying to find the image uploaded to select it for use when there are hundreds of files to look through.

Is there a way to set the listing attribute ?

Is there a reason why its messed up?

I would appreciate some insight into this

kind regards

Paul Fahey

The original contribution text says that there are 3 scrrenshots in the .zip file but I can't find them. I have to show a customer some screenshots of the package before installing. Anyone know when I can find these screenshots or better still, give me the URL of a live store using the package?

Cheers!

Martin Jewiss

This is a great mod. I do have a quesstion regarding a minor quirk that is likley my doing.

I've installed UltraPics v1.2.

I find that the preview (categories.php?cPath=21_25&pID=30&action=new_product_preview) shows broken images with red x's when I choose not to upload additional images.

Any Idea what is happening here or how I may fix it?

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody

The current "Easy Populate Ultra-Addon" is from march last year and its based on EP version 2.61.

When trying to implement the changes in this ultrapic-version of eayspopulate.php into my EP version 2.76b im soon lost. Anyone succeded in combining ultrapics with EP recently :-"

• 3 weeks later...
This is a great mod. I do have a quesstion regarding a minor quirk that is likley my doing.

I've installed UltraPics v1.2.

I find that the preview (categories.php?cPath=21_25&pID=30&action=new_product_preview) shows broken images with red x's when I choose not to upload additional images.

Any Idea what is happening here or how I may fix it?

I am looking into this too.nd or fix for this.?

I see the same issue.

Is there a work around?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't really tried out the contrib properly yet - just some feedback on the EasyPopulate Ultra-Addon... :thumbsup:

If Linda's Header Tag Controller contrib is *not* installed, SQL gives an error 1054 because EasyPopulate is trying to update the database with columns that don't exist such as v_products_head_title_tag_

Just a case of commenting out all the Header Tag Controller lines in admin/easypopulate.php e.g.

/*       // support for Linda's Header Controller 2.0 here
                       if(isset($filelayout['v_products_head_title_tag_' . $lang['id'] ])){
                               $row['v_products_head_title_tag_' . $lang['id']]         = $row2['products_head_title_tag'];
                               $row['v_products_head_desc_tag_' . $lang['id']]         = $row2['products_head_desc_tag'];
                               $row['v_products_head_keywords_tag_' . $lang['id']]         = $row2['products_head_keywords_tag'];
                       }
                       // end support for Header Controller 2.0        */
               }

Probably the wrong place to post this but I spent a _lot_ of time trying to figure out why the medium image would not display on the product description page - checked everything but the image would not appear - not even a trace of it in the page source - until I changed the medium image width in admin. The images were being blocked by ******* Norton! Completely forgot about that possibility (until about 3.00 in the morning)!

If you're new to web design or if, like me, you're still in denial about an advancing memory problem, here's some image dimensions that Norton has arbitrarily decided to block as advertising: 88x31, 120x90, 120x60, 120x240, 125x125, 160x600, 180x150, 234x60, 240x400, 250x250, 300x250, 336x280, 468x60. BTW, a change of one pixel +/- is enough.

Great combination of contribs! Big thanks to all. osC's 'kin fabulous!

Hi Lee

Long time no talk :)

Problem:

When a picture is uploaded to the directory of choice, usually the image uploaded appears at the bottom of the list in the dir.

Just lately though the  listing has been just dropping the image in somewhere else in the list

There doesent seem to be any listing attribute that causes this to happen, ie. its not name nor is it by size or date modified.

It such a pain trying to find the image uploaded to select it for use when there are hundreds of files to look through.

Is there a way to set the  listing attribute ?

kind  regards

Paul Fahey

Hi

Im having this same problem, has anyone any sugestions?

Cheers

Andrew

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've installed Ultra pics Updated version. I like this contrib and want to use it.....however :-"

When i go to my admin , instead of 1 instance of " enable additional images" i get 5 !

also , if i dont specify an image for all the image sizes for a product ie

Products Image:

Medium Image:

Large Image:

some of the thumbnails in the catalog only show text when enlarged. I can only get these to work if i fill in all those boxes with an image ?

heres my admin list - which has 5 of evrything for some reason?

Images

Small Image Width

Small Image Height

Heading Image Width

Heading Image Height

Subcategory Image Width

Subcategory Image Height

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

Enable Additional Images?

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Height

Medium Image Height

Medium Image Height

Medium Image Height

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

this contrib was installed on a fresh OSc install ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I?m using Ultra pics and have a small problem, I upload a small medium and large image which all transfer fine. However I have no enlarge on the product view page to view the large image, although from the review page of a product you can click the image and get a nice full size image. Any suggestions on how to get the large image available in the product info page would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi -

I was wondering how you edit ultrapics to display the images in a 4x4 table instead of in a row. My images are 200x200 and are now weirdly overlapping the text on my product page. I tried reformatting the table in includes/modules/additional_images, but this doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Thanks!

Lis

Hi everybody

The current "Easy Populate Ultra-Addon" is from march last year and its based on EP version 2.61.

When trying to implement the changes in this ultrapic-version of eayspopulate.php into my EP version 2.76b im soon lost. Anyone succeded in combining ultrapics with EP recently :-"

Hi,

i have the Problem with the Easy Populate and UltraPics ,too.

When i will import the Easy Populte txt-File i get an ERROR: like "you have an error in your sql syntax"

with the fresh exportet file it?s will run the same error.

Sorry for my bad english.

Anyone can help me

• 1 month later...
I've installed Ultra pics Updated version. I like this contrib and want to use it.....however :-"

When i go to my admin , instead of 1 instance of " enable additional images" i get 5 !

also , if i dont specify an image for all the image sizes for a product ie

Products Image:

Medium Image:

Large Image:

some of the thumbnails in the catalog only show text when enlarged. I can only get these to work if i fill in all those boxes with an image ?

heres my admin list - which has 5 of evrything for some reason?

Images

Small Image Width

Small Image Height

Heading Image Width

Heading Image Height

Subcategory Image Width

Subcategory Image Height

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Width

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Additional Thumb Height

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Width

Medium Image Height

Medium Image Height

Medium Image Height

Medium Image Height

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Width

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

Large Image Height

this contrib was installed on a fresh OSc install ?

Probably u have imported the SQl file more than one time... the same happened to me the first time i played with mysql...

for erasing the duoplicated voice u have to navigate trought the db with a prob like myphpadmin, and search in the configuration table.

Bye

my contribution: Alex's Contributions

i've already managed to do THAT contrib myself..

btw there is a simple way to have images stored in a subdirectory of IMAGES, each group of photos in a different DIR, wich name could be for example the Model of the products? cause is very ugly to look at the images directory and see about 9000 files in it... very difficult to manage...

does anybody have a clue?

my contribution: Alex's Contributions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Lee

Long time no talk

Problem:

Just lately though the listing has been just dropping the image in somewhere else in the list

Is there a way to set the listing attribute ?

kind regards

Paul Fahey

Hi

Im having this same problem, has anyone any sugestions?

Cheers

Andrew

I've got the same issue.

I've used this contribution for over a year. It's great. But with the number of products growing, this is getting to be more of a problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks