• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] UltraPics v1.0 - Addition Image Pac

I've fixed the code to ensure the pop up image also opens in a lightbox. fix is posted on the contribution page.

as for displaying the products name with the image on the lightbox first make sure you have applied the latest fix I posted on the contribution page of this add-on then do the following:

open products_info.php:

FIND:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image_med']) . '" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], ULT_THUMB_IMAGE_WIDTH, ULT_THUMB_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="1" vspace="1"') . '<br>' . tep_image_button('image_enlarge.gif', TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>

REPLACE:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image_med']) . '" rel="lightbox" title="'. $product_info['products_name'] . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], ULT_THUMB_IMAGE_WIDTH, ULT_THUMB_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="1" vspace="1"') . '<br>' . tep_image_button('image_enlarge.gif', TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>

This would add the name of the product to the bottom of the image in the lightbox.

if you compare the two pieces of code you can see that the only difference is the addition of:

which is now set to the product's name. you can enter anything in between the " " and it will appear on the bottom of the image lightbox as long as you use the correct syntax.

Thanks, this was helpful.

Now I have the product name listing - but how would I get the image name to list / or a variation of the product name?

E.g.

Product name: Yellow Bag

Sm image1 title: Yellow bag front

Sm image2 title: Yellow bag rear

Sm image3 title: Blue Bag front

Sm image4 title: Blue bag rear

Thanks

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I wanted to install this, but in my database (I have v2.2 RC1) there is no configuration table, am I missing something?

Thanks!

All versions have a configuration table. That is where the configuration is stored. ie store name, address, modules installed all the info from admin/configuration is stored there.

For all the guys searching for the missing "next-prev" bottons in the lightbox:

in

products_info.php

products_reviews.php

products_reviews_write.php

find

rel="lightbox"

replace with

rel="lightbox[' . $product_info['products_name'] . ']"

in

products_reviews_info.php

find

rel="lightbox"

replace with

rel="lightbox[' . $review['products_name'] . ']"

I hope this is helpful.

in

products_info.php

products_reviews.php

find

rel="lightbox"

replace with

in

find

rel="lightbox"

replace with

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your contribution - but do you know how to get the different images to display different names - e.g. red bag, blue bag, green bag etc?

in

products_info.php

products_reviews.php

find

rel="lightbox"

replace with

in

find

rel="lightbox"

replace with

I hope this is helpful.

I forgot something. In includes/modules/additional_images.php

find all

rel="lightbox"

replace with

You can also add the missing target="_blank" tags for the additional images.

I forgot something. In includes/modules/additional_images.php

find all

rel="lightbox"

replace with

You can also add the missing target="_blank" tags for the additional images.

Hi

Thanks for this, now I've got the Next and Prev tabs showing up - but it only shows up on hover.

How do I make it so that they display permanently?

Thanks for your help

Edited by ssnb

Hi

Thanks for this, now I've got the Next and Prev tabs showing up - but it only shows up on hover.

How do I make it so that they display permanently?

Thanks for your help

OK so I just answered my own question!

For anyone who wants to do the same, you need to adjust your lightbox.css file as follows: Just copy and paste this in

Find these lines:

#prevLink { left: 0; float: left;}
#nextLink { right: 0; float: right;}
#prevLink:hover, #prevLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/prevlabel.gif) left 15% no-repeat; }
#nextLink:hover, #nextLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/nextlabel.gif) right 15% no-repeat; }

and replace with:

#prevLink { background: url(../images/prevlabel.gif) left 15% no-repeat; left: 0; float: left;}
#nextLink { background: url(../images/nextlabel.gif) right 15% no-repeat; right: 0; float: right;}
#prevLink:hover, #prevLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/prevlabel.gif) left 15% no-repeat; }
#nextLink:hover, #nextLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/nextlabel.gif) right 15% no-repeat; }

Edited by ssnb

• 2 weeks later...

well i did the last changes that i saw in the forum, now when i click in the top corners of the opened images ( with lightbox) they getting me to the next/ previous images, but i don't see the buttons.. i mean there is no buttons on the top corners, but if i click it takes me to the next image.. any idea?

I am Maintaining :

Product_Short_Description (i added it on specials.php and in shopping_cart.php)

City Shipping Rates With Admin (fixed the error that was giving wrong total shipping charges)

I had Created :

UTF bug fix on standard reviews system (admin & block)

Corrupted character on mysql with utf-8

Hello,

I'm facing one issues:

I only get "slideshow" for the firs 2 images...the rest appear to be "alone".

What i mean is that clicking on the product image it popups and can see the 1th additional one, but all the other 5 additional images have to been clicked on each thumbnail.

Thank you

Hello,

I'm facing one issues:

I only get "slideshow" for the firs 2 images...the rest appear to be "alone".

What i mean is that clicking on the product image it popups and can see the 1th additional one, but all the other 5 additional images have to been clicked on each thumbnail.

Thank you

Have the same problem as TaNo here, am sure there must be somewhere you specify the number of images used as any number greater than 2 extra product images lightbox does not see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have Ultrapics installed. How can I put alt tags on images different from the product name? I believe the code that needs to be changed is that below, but I have no idea how to fix it:

<!-- // BOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack! //-->

<?php

$small_image = $product_info['products_image'];

$popup_image = $product_info['products_image_med'];

if ($popup_image == '')

$popup_image = $small_image;

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $popup_image) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]" title="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $small_image, $product_info['products_name'], ULT_THUMB_IMAGE_WIDTH, ULT_THUMB_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="1" vspace="1"') . '<br/>' . tep_image_button('image_enlarge.gif', TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>';

?><!-- // EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack! //-->

Sorry to but in with a totally unrelated query, but I've just installed this module (I'm a total noob) on a relatively clean v2.2 package (although I do have a template), and the display of my products is all squashed as if there is an extra lot of <td></td>.

Don't know this is to do with my template or with the product_info.php file or something else, but all was displayed fine before I added the contrib. Has anyone any ideas - a link to the dodgy page is below:

http://www.rosariesbymonks.com/product_inf...?products_id=45

(Site is still in development).

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Sorry to but in with a totally unrelated query, but I've just installed this module (I'm a total noob) on a relatively clean v2.2 package (although I do have a template), and the display of my products is all squashed as if there is an extra lot of <td></td>.

Don't know this is to do with my template or with the product_info.php file or something else, but all was displayed fine before I added the contrib. Has anyone any ideas - a link to the dodgy page is below:

http://www.rosariesbymonks.com/product_inf...?products_id=45

(Site is still in development).

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Looks fine on my machine - great site too.

ssnb

OK - I am new to this stuff. I have been populating my database with products and I found this gret contribution.... however I really dont know what this means...

run the SQL script into your database with PHPMyAdmin or other DB Manager...

I installed oscommerce with fantastico but i am comfortable FTP'ing folder/files as needed to the server. I just dont know what this one part is....

Thanks

Chris

Chris Gutzmer

hi,

thanks for this great contribution..I want to install this but it works together with "'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library contribution"?

As far as I have been able to work out, yes. I have both installed, but I can't tell for sure which code is resizing the pictures... that said, yes, they do get resized, so go ahead and install - but it's not without its challenges, but if it weren't where would the fun be :-)

OK - I am new to this stuff. I have been populating my database with products and I found this gret contribution.... however I really dont know what this means...

run the SQL script into your database with PHPMyAdmin or other DB Manager...

I installed oscommerce with fantastico but i am comfortable FTP'ing folder/files as needed to the server. I just dont know what this one part is....

Thanks

Chris

Chris, my advice to you is to do your research first. It sounds like you are a newbie and this could easily leave you with a few hours of work on your hands. In order to load many of the contributions, you have to first update / upload a file to the SQL database (make new tables in the database). If you have never done this before, it can be quite a learning curve, but definately something you should look into if you want to develop your site / your skills.

Your webhost should be able to point you in the right direction in terms of accessing your databse (called MySQL). Once you are in there, it's not particularly user friendly so you need to be careful what you do else you can break your site.

I would suggest searching the forums / google for specific advice on playing with the MySQL.

Hope this is of some help.

Sol

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who are using UltraPics v1, when you go back to edit an existing product through admin, do you see the names of the additional images displayed on the page near the appropriate fields?

I love UltraPics, thought I had it working correctly, but if I go back to edit an existing product (with several additional images), the image names are not displayed; if I continue the update, and the fields are still blank, it saves that way and the images disappear.

Works fine if I simply add a new product with new images; all info is saved and images display correctly in shop. But when I go back, the info is missing. (Same thing for my New Fields with Easy Populate, but this may be unrelated.)

Anyone know how I can fix it? Thanks.

OK, I got it all installed! I followed the directions and I am able to add all the images in the admin area. I installed ultrapics 2.08 with lightbox 2.04. Even though all the images show up in the admin area, none of them show up in the shop. I tried both with and without the large image. Any ideas what might be going on? To see the page where the images should show....

http://ecardmodels.com/shop/product_info.p...products_id=149

Thanks

Chris

Chris Gutzmer

I am trying to find a way to add images to the product info page which are already on the server. I can seem to just paste the image into the field, it just wants to take one from my local server with the browse button. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Oh, and it won't take a pic from my local machine either, so now I have a product with no pics!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by webbydeb

In admin/categories.php this is clearly the code I need to modify, however I don't know how to do it to NOT want to upload, but just take what I type in as a path.

// copy image only if modified
  if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['unlink_image'] == 'yes') or ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image'] == 'yes')) {
	$products_image = '';
	$products_image_name = '';
	} else {
	$products_image = new upload('products_image');
	$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
	if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
	  $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
	} else {
	  $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
	}
	}

I'd need to modify this and the other similar ones for the other pics.

No one has a clue how to change the upload feature? I've got 2755 products, and I'm not going to upload new pics for all of them! I really don't want to uninstall this....someone? Oh, and it's not uploading either, so I couldn't even if I wanted to....

*Lighting up the bat light*

Hi Deb, did you get your problem resolved? Sorry I can't help (I'm a designer not a coder) but I would if I could. When I use Ultrapics my only option is to upload from my hard drive (even if the image is already on the server). You may need to do some custom coding... good luck!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)