• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

READ AND HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad considering that I am a complete newbie.

anyway that's enough ego boosting.

Remember and change your user and pass to something of your own as ADMIN is a defacto

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Yes all ready done. Steve Thanks Man When do you want the Beer, Christmas.....LOL

Hey Willem

I got my Freaking Newsletter working, don't know about the product notification yet.

Ah Bill if I can call you that explain were to type this in the MySQL database.

Please

and Thanks

EDIT:Have you done this yet?

Are you still there willem.

Please explain this ti me before i go and do it.

do have a link to some where that explains how to do this, that would be even better saves time for you to explain.

hehe!

Where to input this command? Well it really depends, I use phpMyAdmin but I'm not sure it's installed on your host. If it is you just type what I said in the query window. How do you normally access MySQL?

If you don't get any responses from me now, that's because it's 1:44 am now, I ought to be getting some sleep!

Regards,

me

Ok I login through my hosting control panel. PHPMYADMIN is installed.

All I see at the end of the Oscommerce is Empty

in the Query base Box i typed truncate orders two words should it be only truncate or will the Empty do the Same thing.

Please reply before you go to bed :)

Thanks

One possible way to do this is to give MySQL the truncate command:

truncate orders

This will erase the contents, reset the counter but leave your table layout intact.

There, HTH

Willem

EDIT: oh and perhaps you should do orders_products, orders_products_attributes, orders_status_history (NOT orders_status!) & orders_totals too!

This works for all you want to know, if you need to ask any questions let willem or me know.

I do believe clicking on the Empty button would have done the same thing.

read which ones to do!

May I suggest taking a quick tutorial in SQL? Database manipulation is alot easier than "clicking" your way around sometimes.

This is a good one: SQL Tutorial

Also VIM is a great php editor. Found that here in the forums.

Download VIM

Just a couple suggestions if havn't looked into them already. I am sure they will come in handy in the future.

Good luck! I am new myself. :huh:

Archived