• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MP3 Preview button capabilities

rdolmat

Hi everyone!

Nice to see you. I own a recording studio and I am trying to setup an online music library subscription service. I am a songwriter and I write and produce library music for companies and TV/radio stations to download lisence free original music for commercial and corporate videos (background instrumental music).

I want to be able to have my clients preview any song in a super-low quality mp3 before they commit to buying and downloading it. How can I add this feature to every 'product' I include in my catalog?

thanx very much

rich

Make a demos folder and add code to product_info.php to point to it, e.g.

<a href="demos/<?php echo $product_info['products_id']; ?>.mp3" target="_blank"><?php echo tep_image_button('demo.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DEMO); ?></a>

This would require you to put a file named something like 12.mp3 in the demos folder, a button called demo.gif in buttons, and define IMAGE_BUTTON_DEMO in the appropriate language file. Note: you might be able to change that code to make it start downloading automatically, etc.

Hth,

Matt

Wow!

Thanx Matt!

I'm the newest newbie you have ever seen. I have a little experience with HTML and Flash, but I'm not sure what you mean by

"define IMAGE_BUTTON_DEMO in the appropriate language file"

do you have a text I could just copy/paste?

thanx again

rich

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_DEMO', 'Reduced quality demo MP3');

added to includes/languages/english/product_info.php (or whatever language).

Hth,

Matt

Archived