• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Problems

Stunts

Hi Everybody,

I've got the program up and running well. It's fantastic! I can't believe the amount of functionality.

My one problem though is that anything to do with sending emails, customer orders, creating an account and other, doesn't seem to want to work. Here's the error:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] in C:\Inetpub\Web Sites\speedfeet\catalog\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

I'm running IIS with Exchange as my mail server. The email setting in osCommerce is set to SMTP. What have I missed? It seems like, from the error, that osC is trying to send out emails coming from the customers email address instead of my store address. Because the FROM email address is not recognized by my mail server it errors out. Is that what it looks like to you guys? Fixes?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

Try adding an ini_set('sendmail_from', STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS); to the top of includes/classes/email.php

You also might want to try looking at the mail logs to see what it thinks is happening. Note: relay messages can be based on either sender or receiver. It might be worthwhile to try signing up as a customer with an email that is local to the Exchange server and see what the mail headers look like.

Hth,

Matt

Archived