• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

jscript into column left

I would like to remove all but the search box from the left column and add java script that creates a dhtml menu.

I have a html page that shows nothing but the menu,, and then there is the jscript in that html that actualy creates the menu itself,

how would one go about adding this to the left column

I have tried copying the entire html code into it,, and it just shows up blank,, same if i copy just the jscript into it,,,

can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tom

If you are using the venerable HV menu that just about everybody else seems to be using, there is a contribution that already does this.

In order to remove the other items from the column_left.php just comment out the calls to load them. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Hey Jim,, thanks for taking time to reply,,

actually,,, this is done with Sothink DHTMLMenu

i am trying to help someone wanting to use it and i can get the old stuff out of the column,, but just cant seem to get the menu in,,,

i will go see if i can find the hv menu and see if maybe i can compair it and figure something out,, or maybe someone can point me in another direction,,,

Thanks again

Regards

Tom

Archived