• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Error

Hello,

After the installation, this is what I get when going to the Administration Tool

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/preferred/www/preferredfasteners.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/preferred/www/preferredfasteners.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Any ideas?

Miss-set browser language? Have you edited any of the languages in admin? If you removed the default langauge, this would happen as well.

Hth,

Matt

Hello Matt,

No, I did not touch anything in there at all. Just went to the install, ran through it (after I uploaded the catalog folder) and after chmod configure.php as instructed, it completed, then chose Administration Tool and that is where I get the error.

John

Where is your admin catalog located:

Catalog/Admin

or

/Catalog

/Admin

home/preferred/www/preferredfasteners.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

Also, check out your configure.php file.

Try changing to:

home/preferred/www/

admin is located directly below catalog, as the path in the message above states, as this is a test store prior to letting some of my users see if they like the software for their store software.

I looked at configure.php and do not know what you mean by the home/preferred/www/

I have tried it both ways, the enduser account for this site (it is a shared server, ie numerous sites on this ip) does not have 'root' rights.

John

on the configure.php, during setup, properties 706 do not work, so it states to use 777 however does that not give 'the world' rights to see the username, database name and password along with the actual ip address and enables anyone and their ...... to get that info and get into the database?

on the configure.php, during setup, properties 706 do not work, so it states to use 777 however does that not give 'the world' rights to see the username, database name and password along with the actual ip address and enables anyone and their ...... to get that info and get into the database?
What 777 does is it allows someone to execute (almost irrelevant for a script) or write to the file if they are logged on. Note that the install tells you to chmod 644 after the install for security reasons. 777 is just for during the install. Other security measures need to be taken to keep people from reading the file. Since the web server generally runs as nobody, all files need to be world readable (444) to be accessed by the web server. This is true of any web script, not just osCommerce.

Hth,

Matt

Archived