• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image problem in new articles

Hi all. I'm pretty new with OSC and have a problem when adding new articles. I add the article details and an image - but the image is not shown. Not in the preview and not in the catalog.

What's wrong?

Any help is appreciated

The image is either not being uploaded or is not available for some other reason.

Do you have a message at the top of the screen stating that the catalog/images folder is not writeable?

Do you have any type of message at the top of the screen that may indicate a problem?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

The image is uploaded and there is no message at the top.

This is the way I did it:

I added a new article and choose a picture form the local disc. Then upload the image file to the catalog/image directory.

No error message - and no image.....

please help...!

yes I have.

I tried a lot and no it seems to me, that the image must be uploaded before I specify it in the admin. is this correct? When I do so - everything works fine. But when I define a new article and chose a picture - and after this upload the picture file - nothing is shown

Have you checked in the actual images folder to verify that the file was indeed uploaded and exists?

Perhaps the system thinks the file was uploaded successfully and therefore does not display an error but in reality it was not successful and the file does not actually exist.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived