• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Chilly Beachwear

Nitro187

Chilly Beachwear

Check it out! I just added a Christmas Theme. Any comments?

Take note of two idea's on this page: http://store.chillybeach.com/test : of what I did do, to spice it up, but never got approved. (Falling snowflakes, and snow on top of the infoboxes along with icicles, nothing else) But ohwell!

Anyway, what do you guys\gals think!?

I appreciate your comments, good, or bad. Thanks!

-Matthew Flewelling

Chilly Beach network admin \ web designer

I like it. My only complaint would be the cart info displaying on the info bar of my browser. Web pages belong inside the browser window. When they start taking over the rest of the browser it bugs me. Even changing the scrollbar colors is too invasive imo.

Agree with mikes. Putting the cart contents in my browser means you are trying to control my browsing habits. I'd never buy from a Store that did that.

Designwise, it does give a chilly feel, good use of colours. It does it's job well.

There are only -693916 shopping days to christmas? Somehow I don't think that is correct :)

I see what the problem is... you think everyone uses Internet Explorer! Common mistake, I believe Mozilla is gaining market share fast... something to keep in mind perhaps. You do advertise it pretty big.

HTH,

Willem.

I really like your store, Like the layout:

One problem (Not even a really big one) - Some people might miss the account, cart contents, and checkout buttons up top. They are kinda hard to find.

But I love the way that you have customized osCommerce, looks really profesional.

Is this some sort of adult / offensive site as my workplace seems to have blocked it ;)

lol

I would love to tell you what I think, but I can't....Sorry :)

Thanks for all your comments. I have fixed that christmas days countdown error. :D

Sorry about that. ;)

Central shop does sound like a good idea. I may do that. :)

As for the blocking of the site... :blink: No idea. lol.

I still like the snowflakes (which I now added to my companies website) http://www.nitrolic.com but they didn't. :rolleyes:

Well

Im at home now

An dim very impressed with the look of the site

What contribtuions if any did you use?

The layout is awesome imo.....

But im a novice at coding and having difficulty modifying my site. Any template systems you used?

I did everything with notepad. :wacko:

lol. There were a few contributions I made, for example, the payment method (internet secure) was taken from the contribution center, along with the Center shop thing. I did everything else in PHP.

It took about a week to set up the initial site. Then about 3 weeks to set up the 'non christmas' one, and the christmas one I've been working on for almost a month to get it perfect. :)

What I did was, used a pain program to get the look I want, right down to the font size and position of everything. Then I went into notepad (Actually I used Ultraedit - http://www.ultraedit.com) and edited the pages to make it look like my picture. It was fun, and not fun at the same time. hahah

But in the end, came out this, which I am very happy with.

I really like how I made the picture on the right change with every re-load, and the christmas shopping days left thing is cool too. :)

Archived