• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I remove the New products header?

keoga

To remove the header, remove the following lines from includes/module/new_products.php:

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

Remember to backup first.

Hth,

Matt

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')));

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

Using that code how do you change the text? It currenty shows the text in my table header as "TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS", I tryed changing it and got an error. What if I just want it to say "NEW PRODUCTS"?

It currenty shows the text in my table header as "TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS", I tryed changing it and got an error.  What if I just want it to say "NEW PRODUCTS"?
Try adding a
define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products');

to includes/languages/english.php (or whatever language). Is this the only problem? Normally that header would display "New Products for November" (or whatever month). It's vaguely possible that you might have to replace the sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')) with just TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS. I would try it with just the language define first however.

Hth,

Matt

This is kind of off the subject, but does anyone know how to limit the number of new products being shown for any given month? Right now we have 9 showing and it is slowing the load time of our site.

Thanks in advance if someone can point me into the right direction.

Mike

This is kind of off the subject, but does anyone know how to limit the number of new products being shown for any given month? Right now we have 9 showing and it is slowing the load time of our site.
admin > Configuration > Maximum Values > New Products Module

Hth,

Matt

Archived