• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Table Cuts off Configuration String

yelir

Hi,

I'm trying to use the table rate shipping method, and everything works fine for the most part. However, when trying to input the configuration string (ie. 49:1.99,99:2.99, 149:3.99 .... etc.) the string gets cut off at a certain length. Is this a limitation of the database, html form, or something else?

I have many different weight rates, so this is the only way I can do it as far as I can see, but the string is very large. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much ahead of time :)

The database field is limited to 255 characters. I think that it is possible to do the following: set the max weight shipped per box to 50; charge 1 for each box; charge .99 for each order. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly which module would allow you to do this.

Hth,

Matt

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply Matt. That explains the problem. I'm not exactly sure what you mean in the solution, could you explain further?

Currently I used grams as my weight, and I can do a table up to 8499 grams, and as is I've set the max weight to 8499. However I would like to have the table offer at least up to 20 000 grams. Do you know if it's possible to increase the size of the database field? I'm new to mySQL, but that should be possible right?

Thanks again for your help..

varchar only supports up to 255. To increase past there, you have to change from varchar to text (16,382). I've seen people have problems (not insurmountable but...) when switching from varchar to text, as they are handled slightly differently.

Hth,

Matt

Archived