• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not Reciving Admin E-Mails

qorn

hi there.

I dont recive any admin emails, i am hosting my site locally which has a email server running on the same machine as the webserver, my sql etc. In the mailserver logs, everytime there should be a admin email, i get a warning saying

Illegal line end (LF) in SMPT DATA converted to CRLF (from [email protected])

which would say to me that the admin email address hasnt updated from the default.

Many thankz in advance

Dave

To the top of email.php, try adding an

ini_set('sendmail_from', STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

if you are using SMTP or an

ini_set('sendmail_path', '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

for sendmail (may want to modify to match existing values in admin > Tools > Server Info; just remember to add the -f STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS).

Hth,

Matt

Ive checked the db and it does say the right email addess for the STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, I am totally stumped on this one, the customer get mail but still the admin doesnt, the site doesnt use the mailserver as you have to authensiate to send mail using it, sorry about poor spelling.

if you want to look at the site and admin, email me and i will create u an temp account

Many thankz Matt

Dave

Hi Matt,

Ive noticed that emails sent to customers come from me@localhost have a reply address of the normal admin email address.

when the script sends a notice to the admin that there has been a sale, it sends it to me@localhost rather than the admin email address.

Just a little more info

Thankz for ur help

Dave

Hi there, ive been trawling thru the forums and realised that the [email protected] comes from the sendmail in php.ini but that is the from address.

Ive changed the address in the php.ini but the mail logs now say that oSc is sending the admin email to Name rather than the proper email address

Attempt to delivery to unknown recipient <Name>, from <NewEmailAddress>, IP address 127.0.0.1

the mail server has an open relay for localhost to enable mail outgoing to external domains.

I hope this helps

Many thankz

Dave

the only way i could make this work correctly in my case was to set the "Send extra emails to" field in admin.

i tested it several different ways and i only receive an email on an order if i add the same address there, but with this format:

StoreSales <[email protected]>

I now receive emails on every order just fine.

thankz for the tip, but unfortantly it didnt work.

BUT

I would like to take this opertunity to thank everyone who has posted tips and sugestions, thank you for your time and help!

now

I have setup another oSc site on another domain running on the same server, but now the admin emails go to the customer, which says to me that the database has mayby gone corupted on the origional site.

I think it may have to resort to a reinstall :-(

Is there any way i can save just the product info and load the products again once i have a fresh install

Many Thankz

Dave

Is there any way i can save just the product info and load the products again once i have a fresh install

1. Backup the store.

2. Open the backup file in a text editor.

3. With your fresh install, in something like phpMyAdmin, copy and paste your product inserts. If something looks like it is missing when you finish, go back to the backup file and find the inserts you need.

Hth,

Matt

Archived