• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parsing in product descriptions?

Ross

Maybe I haven't looked close enough yet, but I can barely look at the screen since I've been in front of it for so long...

I am looking to hard link to other pages on my site using href_link in the product descriptions, but I get unparsed code for the link in the catalog (<a href="<?php echo tep_href....">). I've looked both in the catalog side and the admin input side and don't really see anything that would cause it.

prepare_db_input (admin side) looks like it just strips slashes and product description echo in the catalog also just strips slashes, so I can't see why it's not getting parsed when the description is pulled out of the db.

I only want to use it so any variables go with the customer if they use the hard links in the description. Am I missing something or do I need to use something like html_area to pull a separate description file in order to properly parse in the description?

I am normally not this lazy, but it's been a long week, so thanks for any feedback ;)

Hi, I had the similar problem, I solved it like this:

-go to product_info.php under the catalog directory.

Changed the 120th line:

<? php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?>

to

<?php $new_product_info = $product_info['products_description'];

include ($new_product_info); ?>

after this, when you type product description, just enter the path to the catalog, or anthing you want.

e.g. product_catalog/DVD/filename.php

If you want just a direct clickable link, instead of include use echo "<a href...".

I hope it helps

Archived