• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Safe Mode problems..

megacool

I just installed a fresh copy of OScommerce on a Virtual server running FreeBSD and Ensim..the safe mode is enabled on this particular site... and im getting the following error.. I also received a similar error during installation i.e about set_time_limit()... can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 733

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:733) in /home/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:733) in

Go to catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php and at the end of the file put your cursor next to the last > and hit delete and then save

• 1 month later...

This helped for me.

The source code comments also says that set_Time_limit Cant be used in safe mode.

Can anybody tell me what safe mode exactly is?

Bas

Bas van den Berg

Software Engineer

Berg Automation

From the php manual.

" When safe_mode is on, PHP checks to see if the owner of the current script matches the owner of the file to be operated on by a file function."

See:

http://www.php.net/features.safe-mode

Lot's of other stuff can be restricted IF it is set on. That's why it needs to be set off for osC.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a similar problem with the Backups function. Commented out the lines 731-735 in admin/general.php, took out the last CR in the file, then needed to also comment out line 27 in backup.php (tep_set_time_limit(0);).

Doing this got my backup download function to work.

Archived