• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

considering oscommerce-need the following features

qacheck

I'm looking for a new ecommerce package for a company that sells sports equipment and runs a group of sports clubs.

I've gone through the message boards and contributions list, but I need to doublecheck my necessary features checklist before I install oscommerce. Here is the list of things I need to make sure oscommerce can do on its own or with plugins beyond general ecommerce management:

1. tiered secure access so venders can manage their products without being able to access their competitors products or view other business info--also vender notification for drop-shipping.

2. affiliate program where individual affiliates receive notification of orders placed through their sites and a screen where they can view their information on a weekly or monthly basis

3. the ability to show or hide and price products by customer zipcode (for example, a customer types in his zipcode and sees the only the gyms and products available in his area with prices specific to this area.) It seems like there are a couple of ways to do this, which is best?

4. the ability to gather customer information specific to a product. For example, if customer signs up for a family membership, I need to collect the additional family members names.

5. a method for a company to sign up as a group and offer discounted individual memberships to employees.

I'd appreciate any help or direction offered.

thanks,

Charlie

1. tiered secure access so venders can manage their products without being able to access their competitors products or view other business info--also vender notification for drop-shipping.

That feature is not built-in to osCommerce and I am not honestly sure whether one exists as a contribution or not.

If not, it should be fairly easy to develop.

2. affiliate program where individual affiliates receive notification of orders placed through their sites and a screen where they can view their information on a weekly or monthly basis

The oscAffiliate contribution will handle that.

3. the ability to show or hide and price products by customer zipcode (for example, a customer types in his zipcode and sees the only the gyms and products available in his area with prices specific to this area.) It seems like there are a couple of ways to do this, which is best?

That is not present and might be a bit difficult to implement.

If you have records that match the entered zip code all is great. What if there is no match? You will likely need some way to determine the surrounding zip codes for a given range to then try to match.

4. the ability to gather customer information specific to a product. For example, if customer signs up for a family membership, I need to collect the additional family members names.

That should be an easy modification to create.

5. a method for a company to sign up as a group and offer discounted individual memberships to employees.

That should be fairly easy to create.

I'd appreciate any help or direction offered.

thanks,

Charlie

With a bit of coding changes you could indeed provide a package that will suit your client.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived