• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer order is missing

So I got a notification from Paypal that a customer paid. I find the customer in OS Commerce under customers but he has no orders. I check under orders and there are NO new orders. I check Who's online and he was still showing from 15 minutes ago with the itme in shopping cart but it never went to the order.

What is going on?

You need to install the paypal ipn contribution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

You need to install the paypal ipn contribution.

I have had two other Paypal orders that did work fine, the first two the site got. The third one is not showing up. So the contribution fixes what problem exactly? :( What glitch caused the issue?

The customer didn't hit the "continue" button at paypal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

The test IPN tests send info to me. It seems to be working. One issue it that now the customer will have Paypal and Paypal IPM as payment options. They are not going to know what that is. DO I remove the normal Paypal module and just leave PayPal IPN payment module active?

yes, disable the regular paypal module.

SInce you seem to know your way around this thing, is there a way to make the item in paypal state the actual product and not my store name?

There's a hack for that floating around here someplace.

Well, it only ttok me a couple of seconds, and I had no idea where to look.

Teaching a man how to fish, so to speak, here's how I did it.

I clicked on 'search' above and to the right

I clicked on the 'more options' button

I typed in the following

+pass +paypal

I got the following results

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...Bpass+%2Bpaypal

About the 4th or 5th post down I found this

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...hl=pass++paypal

The most importnat thing you should take from this post, is how to properly search.

Best of luck.

Archived