• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which image mod?

Hi,

I could have this all wrong, and if that is the case Im sure Ill hear about it soon...

In Oscommerce, I have 2.2 MS2, I was wondering about some image mods, and which ones people recommend. In all the views I have the image such that it will fit between 120w and 80h, and unconstrained so they dont get warped by being made to fit between x and y, set in the admin section.

I want some kind of thumbnailing, so that when you actually hit ``click to enlarge'' you actually get a new image, not the same one as every other time, but unconstrained?

Am I making any sense?

Ta,

Bah.

Thanks for the two replies, it is appreciated, but it does lead me to *more* questions =)

Kagg: I can see that is says it will show the small image, but if you click to enlarge it will show the larger image, then the medium, and finally the small, as available. I guess the question is then, where does it use the other sized images, usually?

chfields: hmm this looks a bit more like what I was chasing, slight bummer about the table name being hard coded into the mod each time.

both: is there any way to specify the aditional images etc using easypopulate and these mods?

Thanks a lot for the replies,

Bah.

The module displays the small images in product listing and new products pages, medium image on product info page and larger image when "Clicked on enlarge".

Easypopulate supports the module.

Easy populate actually supports both mods. Big Images uses 1 thumbnail for the main page and product info then the big image for click to enlarge. If you need more than small and big image, the other may be better. I only need 2 images small and large so Big Images is perfect for me.

Hmm I might be getting somewhere, your help is appreciated...

I have the easypopulate file open now, line 336 is says;

#'v_products_mimage',

And 7 after it,

And, down around 1650 more on the same thread.

Do I just unhash v_products_mimage', and 'v_products_bimage',

And leave the rest #ed? Or un# all 8 of em?

Thanks,

Bah

This thread may be of interest to you. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

• 1 month later...

i have exactly the oposite problem, i am running image mod "ultra_pics_updated_2", i uncomment these lines:

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods (line 1666)

$query .= . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

. $v_products_bimage . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

but it does not work, it return parse error, i do the oposite of scrappit by taking out the "#"

thanks

Archived