• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dropdown attributes, Subtotal is negative!

studioimagen

Please help! I am new to this program, but think we accomplished almost what we needed, and although I looked through hundreds of posts, I could not find an actual and accurate answer to this delema.. :unsure:

New E-commerce Site with problems! www.waxmancandles.com

this store site has several drop down options for different attributes, including size, color, scent.. each selection is a different price. So we set this up in the dropdown. The client did not want the (+$) in the drop down and instead wanted the actual prices. So we set that up that way and now the totals are coming up negative, and the products display a ($0.00) price all over the site, and also in the checkout area.

• 1. PRICES DISPLAYED: I would like the price not be displayed at all, i did take out the code for the title price, but can not figure out how to get it out of the home page, and also the shopping cart totals.

• 2. NEGATIVE TOTALS: I need to know what page and what code to update so the prices do not come up negative, and add correctly during checkout.

• 3. QUANITY DISCOUNT: not as urgent, but we also would like when a certain quantity is chosen for a discount to be applied.

Thank you sincerely for any help on this, we are so close! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

sincerley,

Tracie

www.studioimagen.com

Sincerely,

1. This depends on how you made it display price instead of the price difference. Please post the code changes.

2. See 1. The normal reason why prices show up as 0 is that their is an issue with the currencies. That may or may not be the problem here.

3. There is a contribution for this. May need updated.

Hth,

Matt

what is and where do i access a contibution and what would this particular one be?

when adding attributes there is an option of a plus sign that we deleted and then made the actual prices. We would ultimately like it if the price option didn't show on pages and then in the drop down were the only the actual prices for each attribute/size etc.

THank you SOO much for any assistance in this!!

Sincerely,

when adding attributes there is an option of a plus sign that we deleted and then made the actual prices.

It doesn't work like that. That's why it is showing negative prices. The default if the + is not there is a -. To put the actual prices in, you have to alter the code. I posted how to do this relatively recently if you want to search my posts (pick More Options from the search page). I think someone posted how to remove the price in the upper right in the same thread.

I'm not sure which one is the exact contribution. Jacob already posted the link to the contributions area.

Hth,

Matt

I have looked through all your postings and can not find the one you are refering to, do you know what the heading/title might be? So do i want to go in and put the + back in??

Thank you so much i appreciate your help!

Tracie

Sincerely,

Archived