• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Methods 2.6 and Media Mail

Gata

Has anyone added Media Mail to the USPS Methods contribution? I almost got it working, but now receive an error message when testing the checkout.

Any advice as to which files to edit would be great. I really need this shipping method!

Thanks,

Catherine

I checked that one out already, but I think that it is for the default usps module, and not USPS methods contribution.

Maybe I am wrong...but it seems that there are more edits that need to be done than the suggested ones in Media Mail Rates for Shipping USPS by David Throckmorton

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,180

Have you used the above contribution to make media mail work with USPS Methods 2.6?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Have you used the above contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,180) to make media mail work with USPS Methods 2.6

IF YOU HAVE NOT FOUND A SOLUTION I WAS ABLE TO COMBINE THE TWO CONTRIBUTIONS (incorporated media mail, libary mail and bound printed mattter--never know what's down the road):

Install USPS Methods 2.6 BUT before you execute step #7 do the following:

A. In catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

FIND:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Domestic Shipping Methods', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES', 'Express, Priority, First Class, Parcel', 'Select the domestic services to be offered:', '6', '14', 'tep_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'Express\', \'Priority\', \'First Class\', \'Parcel\'), ', now())");

REPLACE WITH:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Domestic Shipping Methods', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES', 'Express, Priority, First Class, Parcel, BPM, Library, Media,', 'Select the domestic services to be offered:', '6', '14', 'tep_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'Express\', \'Priority\', \'First Class\', \'Parcel\',\'BPM\',\'Library\',\'Media\'), ', now())");

FIND

$this->types = array('Express' => 'EXPRESS',

'First Class' => 'First-Class Mail',

'Priority' => 'Priority',

'Parcel' => 'Parcel' );

REPLACE WITH:

$this->types = array('Express' => 'EXPRESS',

'First Class' => 'First-Class Mail',

'Priority' => 'Priority',

'Parcel' => 'Parcel',

'BPM' => 'Bound Printed Material',

'Library' => 'Library',

'Media' => 'Media Mail');

B. in catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\usps.php

FIND:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'United States Postal Service<br><br>You will need to have registered an account with USPS at http://www.uspsprioritymail.com/et_regcert.html to use this module<br><br>USPS expects you to use pounds as weight measure for your products.');

ADD right after it:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_OPT_MM', 'Media Mail');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_OPT_LM', 'Library Mail');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_OPT_BM', 'Bound Printed');

THIS DID THE TRICK FOR ME.

:P

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I follwed these instructions and get this when I try to turn on USPS in admin,

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'Media Mail\, ; now())' at line 1

insert into configuration ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Domestic Shipping Methods', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES', 'Express, Priority, First Class, Media, Parcel', 'Select the domestic services to be offered:', '6', '14', 'tep_cfg_select_multioption(array(\'Express\', \'Priority\', \'First Class\', \'Parcel\'), ', \'Media Mail\, ; now())

Hi,

I thought I had it working. I set up the shipping module in admin.

Now it's showing just the install button. I click on install and it won't do anything.

help

Delores

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still running a 2.2 MS1 shop and using USPS Methods 2.4. I've attempted to install the "Media Mail Rates for Shipping USPS" dated 16 Jul 2003 located at "This Link" without success :-/. It does NOT place anything in the admin and when placing an order Media Mail is NOT an option.

Does anyone know if USPS Methods 2.7 is compatable with 2.2 MS1 before I remove and reinstall on a live site?

Many thanks!

Rob

Edited by Adrenolin