• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Content Changes

Karole

I have searched the boards for at least an hour....so if I missed it I am sorry.

I need to change the text content on the auto emails that get sent out to clients. Where do I go to do that?? I have combed thru the files and simply can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Karole

Thanks,

Karole

You can edit the e-mail that goes to the customer when they create a new account in catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php

You can edit the e-mail that get sent to customers when they order in catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php

You can edit the e-mail that get sent to customers when they order in catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php
Isn't that the status change email? Normal order emails would be in catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php

Cheers,

Matt

I have looked at those files that you describe, but they don't seem to hold the information that I am looking for. These have defines, but there is no html to change? I am really lost on this one....

Anybody?

Thanks,

Karole

By default, the order email is sent in plain text. If you switch it to send in HTML, you should be able to put HTML in the defines you saw.

Hth,

Matt

If you want to display information (from the database) about a product in the email, you have to make changes in three places:

1. You have to change the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php get_products function to include the info you want to change. Change both the database query ($products_query) and the assignment to the $products_array.

2. You have to change the includes/classes/order.php cart function to copy the info to the new $products array.

3. You have to change the section of checkout_process.php that builds the product list to include the info you want.

Hth,

Matt

HI Matt,

thank you for your response, but i can't seem to get this to work, i have seem to have a bit of a complete checkout_process.php page, would you like to post it here or send you via PM or e-mail.

Really appreciate your help

Archived