• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble With Images

brendalee

Hi,

I am running two stores: one on 2.2 CVS , the other on 2.2MS2 on two seperate hosts. This problem is showing up on both and the wierd part is it just started a few weeks back. When I add a product the image does not show up in the admin panel. On checking the server side file I notice the file size of the image(s) has gone to 0kb. I then need to re-upload the image, refresh the admin screen and everything then seems fine. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully somebody can explain this one to me.

I had a need to create a new directory on my server and found that after uploading the images, they were behaving normally in admin. I scratched my head and thought "that's strange why are they working okay now?" I then checked the permissions on my image directories and found that the new directory had been set to 755, all my other ones were at 777.

I revisited the installation guide and noticed that the image directories are supposed to be at 777.

So how come 777 doesn't work (see my previous post) but 755 does ??

One other minor type question. What's up with all the image error messages when I load a product in admin for the first time ? everything seems to work okay and the error messages only show up the first time. If I edit anything to do with the product once it's on the store I do not see those messages again.

Thanks

Are you using aol by any chance? Same thing happened with a client I did an OC site for, and it turned out to be an aol thing.. Just a thought..

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

I am not sure what phpSuExec is, what does it do ? and how do I tell if I have it or not ?

And no I am not using AOL.

This problem seems more of a nusiance than anything, I am pretty sure I am okay with CHMOD 755 on my images and everything does seem to be working okay - except for those nasty error messages on first upload.

Now I don't know what the heck is going on. I have set my images directory to CHMOD 777 and tried to set the subfolders to the same but they keep bouncing back to 755. I still get those nasty warnings when I try to upload images. And now for added excitement I seem to have lost the ability to do a database backup - not sure if all this is related

The same thing happened to me a while back, with a 2.1 version site, and I ended up FTPing into the site and uploading all the images, then doing it via admin (when adding new products) and it worked ok. It's a pain in the bum though..

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

could you please help me out here, i am having trouble with my image uploads in admin,

IF i FTP the images into a directory say movie and put my pictures there then the image will come up , but if i go into admin admin where the image path is if i put movie/picture1.jpg then the image will so up in the admin for a while until i check the catalog to see th picture and that does not show. then i go to the admin section and the image has gone. when i check my movie folder for picture1.jpg the image has 0 bytes so it get over written .. and i can't figure it out. my CHMOD Is 777..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Genius,

That is pretty well what happens to me as well. Except the pics don't show up in my admin panel at all. I go to the server side file in my ftp program, delete the now 0KB files, reupload, refresh the admin screen and everything seems fine. It's a bit of a pain but I have learned to live with it

If you can go in and upload all your images through FTP (into your images folder), then do the admin thing the normal way, still browsing and uploading the image, it worked for me that way..

Archived