• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help needed

riko

Hi there,

I am a final year student and my final year project involves developing an e-commerce solution for a company.

I am currently looking at the features of osCommerce and would be interested to know more about how I can customise to make the look more unique.

Is it possible for example, to disable some of the features, such as user login??

Hey Riko,

I got to do the same next year for my school.

But i already know how :D

So that will be a easy job.

But Riko it's rather easy to edit this, i don't have php knowledge but edited enough.

And with the contributions it works perfect.

This is definitly what your looking for.

Good Luck,

Frank

There is MANY things that could be done and have been done with OSC. Look in the contributions (link above) with over 1500+ differnet mods. Plus there is MANY differnet changes discusses in the forums. Look in the "MY STORE" forum for some examples of some of the latest stores out there. Some have radical changes - some just basic colour/graphic changes.

To change the LAYOUT and the LOOK of your site - to make it easier try one of the TEMPLATE systems here (BTS or STS) - then you can use a HTML editor to totally change your site around. Also do a search in Google - for "oscommerce template" sites - there is a few sites that show several differnet and very neat looks for OSC!!

There is not much that OSC can't do (as a e-commerce/shopping cart solution)-if someone put some time into it.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Archived