• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HOW TO CHARGE SHIPPING IF YOU HAVE MANY SUPPLIERS

jtorres

I have 10+ suppliers, all of which drop ship, but I am stuck in trying to figure out what is the best way to charge shipping without loosing money...

Please help in figuring this out, I know ALOT of us could use the help:

One thought I have is to charge a combination of an individual "per item" S/H fee plus a Cart Total (example $0-$25=$5 s/h, $25.01-$49.99=$7 s/h and so on).

or

is there a UPS contribution that will calculate rates via the UPS site and add them to the customers total$...if so can this handle the fact that different items will have different points of origin, therefore being able to calculate accordingly.....My thought would be this would be the most accurate way to go if the contribution exists.

or

Does anyone know how to code this monster....if so can you please make it a contribution so myself and those that need it can benefit from it.

In the meantime I still need your input on if you feel the first idea will be the best...

Thanks in advance,

Jon

http://www.bridalsuppliesDIRECT.com/catalog

not done as of yet...but your feedback (good/bad) is welcome.

Jon Torres

President

«xcelprinting.com»

Quality Printing You Can Count On!

Portfolio

xcelprin.gif

Xcel's Xcel-lent specials:

Business Cards:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $69 FREE Shipping

Postcards/Flyers:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $99

Visit Our Site For More Xcel-lent Deals!

what do you mean I dont understand?

Jon Torres

President

«xcelprinting.com»

Quality Printing You Can Count On!

Portfolio

xcelprin.gif

Xcel's Xcel-lent specials:

Business Cards:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $69 FREE Shipping

Postcards/Flyers:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $99

Visit Our Site For More Xcel-lent Deals!

You could do it by altering a shipping module say usps cause you dont need curl to do it.

Add a new table in your database that will be for your suppliers. This table will hold your suppliers demographic. add a field in the products table for the supplier. When the product is ordered have it switch your stores point of origen with your suppliers demographic. This will then run the rates from your suppliers location to your customers shipping address.

Good luck man.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good idea actually and is something I am going to look at doing.

I think the main issue I have is that someone could order multiple products all from different suppliers.

For example they could order products A and B which will get shipped from suppliers Y and Z respectively.

It would be great if OSC could see that and show two shipping amounts from the two separate suppliers.

Dan

That can be done aswell. Aslong as you track the variables from each product and group them in there own array just as the products and there attributes you could have an unlimited set of choices and options for shipping companies

Archived