• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Links Appear, then Disappear

In-Overtime

When I first open my client's home page, everything looks fine. Then if I click to any other part of the site, the link in the Category Box disappears!

The Category Box Is Empty! Now wait a minute, cause I saw something there when I first opened up.....

If I close the window, then open a new window to the home page, Walla!, the Category link is back! But moving to any other page causes the Category link to disappear. Trying to go back to the home page does no good.

Any idears! ;)

The page is at www.exoticmaleshow.com

Don't flame me, gentleman, as this job is paying very well, so I couldn't refuse, and there's no XXX stuff - I do have some scruples.............but looking at these dudes all day long is getting redundant!

But seriously, the deadline is coming up and this came up and bit me in the arse when I wasn't looking.

I just checked the site (using Mozilla Firebird) and the category links work just fine. I can't see anything wrong here. Try checking your pages with an HTML validator.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I found out what the problem was. In the Catalog Admin section I had enabled "Cache" (still not knowing what it is for to this minute)

By turning it off, my link came back on every page.

What is the Cache feature for anyway????

Cache saves a static copy of your pages (at least the ones that don't change, such as your product pages). It saves you from database loading problems when your site is very busy. In this case it had apparently saved a copy of some broken pages. You can turn this back on when everything is working right.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived