heliosquare

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve

Doing that only causes me to get a error msg in the popup window

unknown table'popup_tracker' in where clause

select c.customers_password from orders o, customers c where o.customers_id=c.customers_id and o.orders_id=popup_tracker.phpactoin+tracker&tracknum=(my tracking number here)

tep stop

any thought on that?

regards

Tom

you are getting errors because you added the changes to a mysql query...not sure where you even see a query with password in either account_history or account_history_info

Take another look at my previous post and just change the javascript lines...

Steve,

That is all i did do is change the line u said

in fact,, i did a copy past,,

and i get that error,, i copy past it back,, and it works with url safe off,,

so not sure hwat i am doing wrong

Tom

Tim,

Those stylesheet addition are from the November 4th posting of this contribution...I don't know what update you're using, but Steve has been kind enough to help get this working, so just stick with it, you'll get it working soon enough. :)

you aren't coming across as being rude at all. Don't use those stylesheet additions because you are using the MS2 version of this contribution. Just make sure you have these additions:

.UPSheader {

font-size: 13pt;

color: #663300;

font-weight: 900;

}

.UPSheader2 {

font-size: 8pt;

font-weight: bold;

color: #ffffff;

}

.appheadercolor {

background-color: #996633;

}

.modulepad {

padding-left:10px;

padding-right:10px;

}

.spacing {

padding-left: 10px;

padding-right: 10px;

}

.modpadbullet {

padding-left:6px;

text-indent: -9px;

padding-right:5px;

}

TD.ups {

font-family: verdana, arial,sans-serif;

font-size: 7pt;

}

.brownbold {

color: #663300;

font-weight: bold;

}

The popup_tracker doesn't use any of the native stylesheet classes (main, smallText etc...) so you should be good with ones above...

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

Hello all!

I just installed the latest version (6 Dec, 2nd upload) and it all works right up until I hit the link or track button. In the popup I get:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/sites/site5/web/includes/classes/xmldocument.php on line 254

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/sites/site5/web/includes/classes/xmldocument.php on line 273

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_set_object(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/sites/site5/web/includes/classes/xmldocument.php on line 282

If I go to the tracking page from the information box, the same three errors show up below the textbox for the tracking number as soon as the page comes up - don't even have to hit the track button.

If I comment out the error_reporting(0); line, then I also get this when I hit the track button:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /home/sites/site5/web/includes/classes/tracking.php on line 32

I'm running 2.2 MS2 under php 4.1.2-3. I confirmed that cURL is installed and it works on the shell command line.

Ideas?

set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file like the errors say. As far as curl is concerned it looks like you have curl installed (command line only) but you don't have php compiled to use the "php curl" functions.

If this is your server (or if you have full control of the server), here is an excellent article on how to get the php curl funtions working on a windows box:

PHP CURL

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

UPS Tracking

Actually it's a Cobalt RAQ running Sun's version of Linux.

Uncommenting extension=curl.so in php.ini took care of the curl error.

Setting allow_call_time_pass_reference to true fixed the warnings. Of course, there is a long comment in the .ini file how this is a really bad idea that won't be supported in the future and you should really change the way the function is defined.

Anyway, it works now that's all that's important.

Thanks!

Edited by MattM

• 2 weeks later...

UPS is having issues with their servers. All they would tell me is that they are working on it and that they didn't know how long it would be. The XML being returned is pretty garbled rendering the tracking functionality useless until they fix what they have to fix. My site also uses the UPS address validation and it is down as well...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

and by the way, I dont understand why this is not working, everything had been installed correctly, read from the readme file. Upon tracking, the remaining html is not published from the php file where it should have been inserted. Is anybody having this problem with the contribution?

-Dan

Steve,

Being that you are the UPS XML Tracking whiz here, check out what I just discovered today on my site when you enter a tracking (enter your own tracking #, for privacy reasons).

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Torres

President

«xcelprinting.com»

Quality Printing You Can Count On!

Portfolio

xcelprin.gif

Xcel's Xcel-lent specials:

Business Cards:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $69 FREE Shipping

Postcards/Flyers:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $99

Visit Our Site For More Xcel-lent Deals!

Did you guys ever get the blank popup issue solved? Or did that hit a dead end? I'm getting blank pop-ups, and I tried changing the lines mentioned earlier it this thread. What that did is, if I click on the tracking # in account_history_info it loads up account_history, if I click on track in account_history, I get a blank popup. Also tracking.php doesn't show anything, just reloads the page. I tried turning SEF links off and that didn't help. Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year

Roman

• 2 weeks later...

can you confirm that you have curl compiled WITH ssl? Do you have xml support compiled? Have you tried turning on error reporting in /includes/classes/tracking.php?

Do you get any errors when you turn it on?

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

cURL & XML confirmed.

With error reporting on I get "Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /home/romey/public_html/includes/classes/tracking.php on line 32" in tracking.php

I still get a blank popup from account_history.php

In account_history_info.php, the popup shows account_history.php.

SEF urls are on with those 2 lines of code changed that you mentioned earlier.

Thanks

Roman

Romey-Rome,

That error is a javascript error. Double check the line you changed for SEF urls to see if you are missing a quote or ) or something...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

Hmmm...I'm not seeing anything...

Here's the whole line:

<td class="main"><a href="java script:popupTrackerWindow('popup_tracker.php?action=track&tracknum=<?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num']; ?>')"><?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num']; ?></a></td>

Maybe I'm blind...

Thanks

I made a test order on your site so I could see the error but it doesn't look like it has anything to do with this contribution. The error exists regardless of whether or not a tracking code as been assigned...

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking

When searching by reference number, if multiple packages exist, things do not display correctly.

The UPS site will show you how many packages are associated with that reference number, and then will allow you to choose details on specified packages.