• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it only me ??

MLu

I have a lot of problems logging n to my account, and especially searching the site. As I do not get replies from the support people, I just want to hear if others than me experience these troubles, and if positive, whether there is hope for the search functionality to come back?

Thanks.

Mogens

Are you talking about this site?

Seems to be working ok to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I most definetely is talking about this site, and just to have the opportunity to answer to your reply took me nearly 2 hours and numerous (30-40) falied login attempts. I finally succeded after using the "forgotten password" login, which apparantly is the only way for me to login (and NO I did not forget the password).

Searches are - for me - in 99 out 100 attempts resulting in: "Sorry no matches" (where I know there are matsches) or "Flooding control".

Of course we should not make complaints over free services, but I simply don't understand how people has energy to participate in discussions if they experience just slightly the problems I have encountered for the past 1-2 months. When you finally succeed in mailing a post, some people has possibilities to reply - though I don't understand how (when I reply it takes me to login, but the login fails almost every time)

Happy to hear that you do not experience these problems, but what the h.... is then wrong for me? Very unfortunate as this could be a fantastic forum.

Mogens :(

Well, from time to time, sonce moving to the new invision forums, the servers are going down. The admins have siad it is due to the tremendous volume, and the unanticipaed strain on the server. It normally goes down around this time each day. I usually just avoid the forums during that time, as it seems to be when there is the most activity.

As far as looing in, I've never had a problem. The seach feature works ok, not terrific or anything, but ok. You should learn to use all of the options.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

maybe your browsers security level is set to high? mine is set at medium

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

Well, I am permanently logged in! I never have to log in at all. Just don't log out when you leave and you should be fine. There might be a selection thing when you log in saying something like "remember me at this computer" then it will log you in automatically.

And my privacy is set to Medium High. Security is custom.

As far as I understand it, the search function uses OR as default operator, which means if you search for ELEPHANT, you get all posts containging the word elephant. If you searfh for WHITE ELEPHANT, you get all posts containing either white or elephant, which brings up more posts. If there are too many posts, the search can't cope and you get a duff result.

That's what appears to be happening anyway, from my experience with it.

I had the same problem today just as you are saying and thought the same as you i tried it agian a few hours later and got in i used mozilla and IE it did it to both of them

Small time web guy wanting to make use of the internet!

Never had the login problems, but damn this new forum is sometimes extremely show and sometimes it just won't accept my posts or won't do anything anymore... boom server down. Really annoying.

And I recognise the problem Julie mentioned, my god searching is a nightmare... if every question has been answered before, well then I can't find the question nor the answers in most cases :)

However I draw some comfort from the fact that the search engine for the contributions is even worse. You might as well type in 'little green men', it would probably give you the same results as whatever it is your are looking for.

On the bright side, the search engine for osCommerce itself is brilliant, given a few tweaks and changes here and there.

I come here like 50 times a day and never have any problems, ever.

*Outlined in chalk everone looks the same*

Currently useing OSC 2.2 MS1

running on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_perl/1.26 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

O.k. guys - thanks for all the feed-back. My browsers security settings is defined as medium, so apparently I have to live with this. Just funny that this site seems to discriminate Danes!

However, one progress: This morning I succeeded for the first time to use the normal login function! Maybe I can even use the search function today also!

Mogens

Archived