• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Notify If Low Stock

Big Mike

Is there a way to receive an email notification or some kind of alert when a products goes out of stock. We have 6000 products on our site. How does everyone manage?

If a person checks out and for some reason or another the order doesn't get full-filled due to fraud or no follow up on payment. The stock drops but we still have the item. Eventually you end up with wrong totals. At least with a notification. You can check your inventory to see if you truly are out of stock and make the adjustment. What do you guys do?

Thanks

You could run a query on the products table to display anything under a certain number. I guess you would have to run a batch job (windows) or a cron job (*nix) to make it automated.

Would be a good learning experience. I'm going to have to figure out the same thing in the near future.

As it already checks stock in checkout_process.php, you could add logic to send you email when it hits 0 or less than 5 or whatever. I had thought that there was something about that in admin, but maybe it's not complete.

Hth,

Matt

As it already checks stock in checkout_process.php, you could add logic to send you email when it hits 0 or less than 5 or whatever.  I had thought that there was something about that in admin, but maybe it's not complete.

Hth,

Matt

This would be excellent!!!

Not really much of a code writer. Can anyone give me the lines of code needed to insert into, let's say my shopping_cart.php file to send me an email everytime a visitor tries to cart a 0 stock item?

Thanks

Archived